Hi, my name is Amy and studied fashion and style initially to help myself. I used to say the most awful things to myself when I looked in the mirror and it made me feel stuck in life. I had a vision of how I wanted to look but I wasn’t sure how to put all of the pieces together. Then I studied Image and Fashion Styling with Limpert’s Academy of Design U.K and learned how to get it done. It changed my life so much that I decided I wanted to help either women like myself, who feel held back in their life because they aren’t happy with their image. Changing your clothes might not magically change your life, but it can give you the confidence you need to go after what you want. You are worth your own effort and everyone deserves to feel good about themselves, regardless of what you think your body looks like, your age or what others say.
- Craft Your Unique Style - your personal style is a culmination of all of the things you love, the places you’ve been and the experiences you’ve had in life. For example, martial arts has been a part of my life since I was 6 years old and I’ve realized that I gravitate towards pants that resemble my karate uniform as well as other athletic styles!
- Body Analysis (Learn to Dress Your Body Shape) - knowing how to flatter your body is important because sometimes we think certain clothes don’t look good us but we can’t figure out why. Taking up a hemline a few inches or choosing the right rise of pant can make you look taller, slimmer and more proportional. Of course, we don’t follow the rules all the time, but you’ve got to know them if you’re gonna break them!
- Facial Analysis - this is helpful in choosing glasses, eyebrow shape, makeup colors, hairstyles and hair colors. It’s also useful as a guide for how to apply your makeup contour and highlights in a way that creates balance.
- Wardrobe Editing - let’s go through your wardrobe and figure out what we can keep or alter and what’s gotta go. Tossing clothes that’s you’ve been holding on to (for various reasons) can be a liberating experience, trust me. If you’re like me and holding on to clothes to fit into them again someday; You’re not supposed to try to fit into your clothes, your clothes are supposed to fit you. (And if you are serious about weight loss, you can always tailor your clothes to fit as you go down a size. Ask about having a Transitional Wardrobe, I’ve got you!)
- Assisted Shopping - shopping can be stressful, but shopping with your stylist makes the process an easier and more enjoyable experience. No more settling for pieces that you end up disliking!
At the end of the day, I just want to help. Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.